With the holidays upon us, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the names on your list – and the budget.
I feel you. Especially this year with house renovations still underway, I’m feeling a strain on my wallet. I’m also feeling a bit overwhelmed by how late in the game I am with getting Christmas gifts together. In the last few years, I’ve done the majority of my shopping over the course of the fall – but this year, I have a handful of gifts for a handful of people but have more than 20 more people to shop for!
Today I’m putting together a list of seven affordable gifts perfect for Secret Santa, stocking stuffers, or hostess gifts!
- Hygge guides – if you don’t know, Hygee means coziness in Norwegian and Danish, and it’s basically the best strategy to survive the winter months. Amazon – as well as likely your local book store – have tons of books. This one, Making Winter: A Hygge-Inspired Guide to Surviving the Winter Months, has great reviews and is just over $20 on.
- Ornaments – tried and true. Christmas ornaments can represent exciting events that happen over the course of the year. Engagements, weddings, new homes, degrees, births – all of these can have a special ornament. These ones from Lenox are so classic – but also be sure to check out HomeGoods for pricing options on these.
- Gnomes – are precious, whimsical, and perfect for winter. The TJXX corps – TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Marshalls – are all stocked with them. You can order this one online. Also, I’m biased – I love gnomes.
- Whiskey Glass with Cigar Holder – for the whiskey lover in your life. This glass was a big hit with my hubs, and it fits in perfectly with the idea of staying warm on a cold winter’s night! Under $25!
- Slippers – maybe not an ideal hostess gift, but you can’t go wrong with getting these JCrew Factory slippers for your BFF. Look out for sales!
- Essential Oil Diffuser – this gorgeous one from Macy’s – currently on sale, but regularly still under $25 – will help keep everyone calm regardless of stressful holiday commitments.
- Succulents Planters – looking at green plants is supposed to help with your mental health. With the darkness of winter all over New England, what could be better than some new succulents? These planters are under $20 and from Amazon. Even for those without a green thumb, succulents are pretty manageable.